DIFFERENT FROM DENTAL IMPLANT
The mini orthodontic implant differs from all other types of implants, not only in purpose - the alignment of the teeth, but also in the following 5 things:
- emplacement - it is positioned between the roots of 2 teeth, in the gingival tissue, not in the bone as it happens at the dental implant);
- diameter - extremely small, approximately 1.5 mm;
- degree of invasiveness - low, due to the small size and location;
- healing time - very short, compared to the dental implant that requires the osseointegration period to be 3 several months;
- storage time - the orthodontic implant is removed after the end of the treatment, the dental implant remains permanently fixed in the bone.
The only common points of the orthodontic implant with the dental implant are the Titan composition and the (somewhat) screw shape.
The orthodontic implant is inserted extremely easily, in less than Ten minutes. Immediately after insertion, the implant connects to a fixed arm, thus facilitating the correct repositioning of the teeth.
Mini orthodontic implants do not cause pain, the insertion being done under local anesthesia. The pain and subsequent healing are almost imperceptible. What you will feel will be just a slight embarrassment that will disappear after the first 2-3 days from the intervention.
In general, orthodontic mini-implants do not present risks and do not affect teeth or oral tissue. However, hypersensitive people, those who have various diseases (diseases of the circulatory system, bone, infections) or who are undergoing steroid treatments are unable to follow the procedure because there is a risk implant rejection.
The maintenance of the mini-implant is simple; is made daily with a manual toothbrush (not electric) soaked in mouthwash.
After completing the orthodontic treatment that can lasts 6 months or more (case by case), the mini implant function has ended. Reverse surgery will be used, namely anesthesia and removal. The area will heal on its own, without any subsequent intervention or complication.
SMILE WITH US!
We are experts in teeth straightening and we can provide you with the widest range of implants, mini implants and dental appliances in Bucharest. Smile and schedule now 🙂