TEETH SEALING IN CHILDREN AND ADULTS
In order to have healthy teeth, dental care must start from the age of "zero", ie from the first year of life. Children's teeth and milk masses have a short lifespan, but the way we take care of our teeth from the beginning decisively influences the development of future teeth.
DENTAL SEALING TREATMENT
- The main problem that children face, whether it is baby teeth or permanent teeth, is tooth decay. Thus, in Romania, over 75% of children have dental caries; a percentage more than worrying.
- But not many know that one of the most effective methods to combat tooth decay is to seal the teeth, a non-invasive, painless treatment that provides healthy teeth to children, future adults of tomorrow.
In tooth sealing treatment, the following steps apply to both children and adults, regardless of age.
1. ORAL DISINFECTION
In the first preparatory stage, a perfect sanitization of the tooth surfaces is necessary. With the help of dental equipment, the dentist will remove food debris. However, often, even in children, oral disinfection is not enough because there may be traces of plaque. In this case, an additional procedure is required: professional brushing.
2. PROFESSIONAL BRUSHING OF TEETH
If the dentist notices traces of plaque, he will remove them through a professional toothbrushing procedure. The stage is necessary to eliminate the risk of caries. If the tooth is not perfectly cleaned, the subsequent application of the adhesion solution and the sealing gel will not have an effect, as caries can develop under the respective layers. After the dentist makes sure that the teeth are perfectly cleaned, we move on to the application stage of the adherent solution.
3. APPLICATION OF THE ADHESION SOLUTION
Before the actual sealing of the teeth, it is necessary to apply an adhesion solution. Its role is to make the connection between the enamel layer and the sealing gel on the surface. The adhesion solution is harmless and contains phosphoric acid (max. 50%). The application can be done with a brush, then a break of 1 minute on permanent teeth (children and adults) and 2 minutes on baby teeth (babies) is required. After this time you can proceed to the procedure of sealing the teeth with gel.
4. DENTAL GEL SEALING
At this stage, the liquid sealing gel is applied in the grooves of each tooth (not on the entire surface of the tooth, but only in its grooves), then it is polymerized (hardened) with the help of the UV lamp for about 20 seconds. The dental sealing procedure can be performed only on teeth not affected by caries.
5. VERIFICATION OF THE SEAL
As in the case of dental fillings, at the end of the tooth sealing procedure, it is checked if the height of the gel layer is optimal and the bite is perfect. This is done in both children and adults, in a simple way, with the help of a joint paper.
FOR AND AGAINST
- prevents tooth decay in both children and adults
- decreases the risk of potential problems that may occur with milk dentition and thus permanent dentition (caries, extraction, misalignment of teeth, etc.).
- There are no contraindications other than dental sealing treatment apply ONLY to teeth without caries.