Replacing all teeth with a mobile prosthesis on implants is an economical option. Compared to the fixed prosthesis on 4 or 6 implants, the mobile prosthesis is cheaper, but it requires careful maintenance.
The advantages of the mobile prosthesis are:
- Stability on implants; it cannot be accidentally detached as it happens in the case of the classic prosthesis, which can always slip out of position.
- It can be applied in the same session with the dental extractions (if necessary), or later.
- Adaptability and permissiveness for patients with unstabilized pathological diseases and interdiction to the classic implant procedure (diabetes, periodontitis, heart disease).
- Does not require bone addition, sinus lift or nerve repositioning;
- Advantageous cost compared to fixed prosthesis on implants / method in which each missing tooth is replaced with an implant.
Although an economical option, mobile prosthesis on implants also has some disadvantages.
The disadvantages of the mobile prosthesis are:
- Lower stability compared to the fixed prosthesis solution on 4 or 6 implants.
- Careful maintenance; compared to fixed prostheses on implants, the disadvantage of the mobile prosthesis is removal and cleaning every night.